Computer Security & Viruses/format

QUESTION: "If an antivirus or anti malware program does not work format and reinstall the operating system."

1. Can I ask format what?
2. How do I know if the anti-virus or anti-malware does not work.?

ANSWER: 1. Formatting is the process of  wiping the drive and getting it ready for the installation of an operating system
2. This makes me think you've never actually been infected. You know it when your system is infected

QUESTION: 1. What drive or drives do I format?

The drive the operating system is on. If you have more than one hard drive, to be on the safe side, format all. Keep in mind any data you don't want to lose should be backed up. After the operating system is up and running with antivirus in place put the backed up data back on the machine

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.