Computer Security & Viruses/Super Optimiser

Hello Brian
I have a Lenovo  laptop running Windows 8.1.
I have had it a few months but it is giving me real hassle with unwanted ads and slow response etc.  I have Super Optimiser on my laptop which I did not ask for but it is on my laptop - it appeared on my desktop some while ago now but not at my request!

I understand it is some sort of Virus although my McAfee has not told me about it.  I want to get rid of this damn thing before it drives me crazy and then maybe my laptop will work as well as it should.

Please assist!

Hi John

More than likely this malware was installed alongside with a valid program.  It is often bundled with legitimate programs.  Fortunately, it's not too difficult to get rid of.  There is an excellent removal guide for it here:

Please read it through and follow steps 1-4 as listed.  I suggest disabling McAfee temporarily, as it may interfere with the removal process.  If you have any further questions or run into problems, just let me know.  Cheers!

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills