Computer Security & Viruses/Binkieland and Strong Signal

My computer is infected with these scourges, which I got when I thought I was uploading software from Microsoft. I am running Windows Vista 7. I tried following your instructions for Hijack this, but I could not accomplish it. There are several fake sites for getting rid of these. Can you please help?

Thank you.

Hi Donna

Of course I will do my best to help you here.  First, download the program RKill from here:

After downloading the file, double click to run it so that it can stop any malware that will intefere with the removal process.

Next, download AdwCleaner from here:

Run the program, click the scan button, then once it finishes, click the clean button for removal.

After rebooting, download Malwarebytes' Antimalware from here:

Install and run it.  Scan and remove any malware it finds.  Reboot.

Send me copies of the text file reports that open up after running each of the scans.  And let me know how the computer is running after the scans.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills