Computer Security & Viruses/Trojan infection - csrss.exe

Dear Brian

Good Day

This is Clarence as previously you have give me a lot of guidance which you advice me to install hijackthis & spybot.

But during my web browsing the advertisement keep on prompting out the new window. Although I keep on scanning but cant detect the virus. During my check on the running program at task manager, csrss.exe appear in my computer & there is no naming on this running process.I try to delete it but it failed quite many times.

So may i know how to remove it from my computer safely, thank you so much

Hi Clarence

Csrss.exe is an essential Windows system file that must be kept running at all times.  Do not attempt to delete this file.  There are trojans that can mask themselves as csrss.exe, but unless you see more than one of these files open at a time in Task Manager, you should be fine.  To be on the safe side, you can run a Malwarebytes' scan and post me the results.  In case you need it, the program can be downloaded here:

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills