Computer Security & Viruses/Wife's Computer Issue with Windows 10

Hi Brian,

While I'm waiting to see your answer to my Windows 10 challenge, my wife has a different one.

Her computer was scheduled to install Windows 10 yesterday.  The only thing I could do was to defer the installation 4 days.

Is there a way to stop her installation from occurring?  I don't know if I can reschedule it every 4 days or Windows would prohibit that.  The ideal would be to stop it without having to worry about it.

I know you sent me instructions in the past on how to stop the pop-ups; but I'm not sure if that will permanently stop the update from occurring. I apologize for not following up on your suggestions recently.  We're facing serious health issues and have been wrapped up with doctors and alternative surgery options.

Thanks again for all your help

Hi Steven

I am sorry to hear of your health troubles.  The last thing you need now is for your computer to keep bugging you.  Go to the following page and scroll down to read the article titled "How to NOT Upgrade".  Follow the procedure and it will stop the nagging.  It also recommends downloading the GWX Control Panel, which makes the process easier.  That should do it for now.  I will check into the issue with your computer and hopefully we can restore Windows for you.  I will hopefully get back to you sometime this weekend.  Until then, be well.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills