Computer Security & Viruses/Home Network

Are you familiar with the Cujo home network device and if you are what do you think of it or what would you recommend to keep anyone from hacking into my home wireless network.

Hi Robert

No, I was not familiar with the device, but I did look into it.  It's basically a hardware firewall that monitors for unusual security penetrations.  Honestly, unless you have a large number of smart wi-fi devices like baby monitors, lightbulbs, doorbells, etc., I don't see the need to spend $100 plus $9/mo. for the added security.  I use Spiceworks free software to monitor my network:

It may be geared more towards network or IT pros, but it's not difficult to use if you read up about it.  Between that and my router firewall, I am not concerned over any network vulnerability.  Hope that helps.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills