Computer Security & Viruses/Home Network

Question
Are you familiar with the Cujo home network device and if you are what do you think of it or what would you recommend to keep anyone from hacking into my home wireless network.

Answer
Hi Robert

No, I was not familiar with the device, but I did look into it.  It's basically a hardware firewall that monitors for unusual security penetrations.  Honestly, unless you have a large number of smart wi-fi devices like baby monitors, lightbulbs, doorbells, etc., I don't see the need to spend $100 plus $9/mo. for the added security.  I use Spiceworks free software to monitor my network:

http://www.spiceworks.com/free-network-monitoring-management-software/

It may be geared more towards network or IT pros, but it's not difficult to use if you read up about it.  Between that and my router firewall, I am not concerned over any network vulnerability.  Hope that helps.

Brian

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky