Computer Security & Viruses/Test cd for spyware

Hi, is there a device to test a floppy disk/cd for a virus. I have an external cd slot that I connect to my laptop's usb.

Hi Elle

Any antivirus scanner should be able to scan files on demand.  Usually if you right click on the file, folder, or device you wish to scan, there will be a menu option to scan with your antivirus.  If not, let me know which antivirus you are using and I will give you specific directions to scan with that program.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills