Computer Security & Viruses/Omnitech support scam?

I was contacted by phone numerous times in the past 2 weeks about a security breach to my system, and that my Omnitech support agreement was expired. Since I have up to date virus protection, I didn't pick up the phone when it was ID'd as a private caller or an 800 number, so these calls went to voicemail. I may have used Omnitech in the past as I have with other remote computer services, but I don't recall when. I just wanted these calls to stop, so the last one showed an 800 number on my caller ID, , which I called back to let them know I'm not interested. A woman with an Indian accent answered and told me about a threat that someone was trying to access my personal information, and the calls were a warning. I guess it was to gain my confidence when she offered to show me proof. Since she already knew who I was, I let her take control of my computer. She pulled up a log showing a long list of applications that were already stopped because of a so-called worm invasion. I didn't recognize most of them, but a few were marked "time wait," which she said meant that they were waiting for the right moment, probably during a banking or credit card transaction to view my personal data. To remove this threat I would have to pay $500 for lifetime protection. A red flag immediately went up, and I refused to pay out this exorbitant sum before checking out the legitimacy of the originator, whether it was really Omnitech or a scam. I learned that Omnitech does not operate in this manner, so it probably was a scam. Now I am concerned that I let this woman take over control and just wonder what kind of information she was able to get. I then did a scan of my system and it did show my privacy setting was disabled, so I immediately re-enabled it. Thankfully, no other threats were found. Still I am afraid something harmful may happen later on. Based on my explanation, is there a way to prevent further invasion of my system?

You'll need to spend some time and effort checking your system for all kinds of spyware, viruses, rootkits, Trojans...
What anti-virus and anti-spyware applications are on your system (all) and which ones are you actively using, and what system are you using. I need details in order to assist.

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator