Concerns about Genital Size/Penis size

Penis compared to pencil
Penis compared to penc  
Penis next to pencil
Penis next to pencil  
QUESTION: I was wondering if it was normal for a penis to change so drastically in size from flaccid to erect. I get very emarassed when I need to change clothes in front if others because of how tiny my flaccid penis is. I can't tell others how large it can get without being weird either. Is there anything to do about this? I have attached a couple pictures comparing myself in flaccid and erect states as compared to a standard unsharpened pencil. Thank you for your assistance.

First of all, this is part where I get all sappy and tell you that all body parts and every person they're attached to are beautiful. Accept yourself for who you are and you shouldn't give a hoot what other people think of you. With that said, yes, penis come in every shape, color, and size you can think of. There are guys who can appear very "short" in a flaccid state and then it can grow to large proportions when erect like you. You clearly are a "grower" my friend and you should be proud with what you have because you can impress all your future partners with it! Remember that the penis is made of spongy tissue that fills with blood during arousal, so it makes sense that when you're in a flaccid state it can appear completely different from its aroused state. Some guys who are "large" can have no change at all between flaccid and aroused states. Just accept what you have going for you and if you have follow up let me know.

semi-hard penis
semi-hard penis  
QUESTION: First I would like to say thanks for your help in answering my question and the compliment on my erect penis size. It really did make me feel better about my hard size. I was wondering about the average size for a penis, i read that it is around 5.5 inches but does that mean flaccid or erect? If it is flaccid then my soft penis is still very tiny compared to most people. Do you think it would be ok to try and be semi-erect when changing in front of others in order to not make my dick look so tiny? I have provided a picture of my semi-erect penis do you think it looks more normal?

OK buddy, I've answered this before, but I feel like I may have not been complimentary enough. You have a very nice penis, in terms of length and girth. Regardless of your sexual orientation or mine, let's put it this way-I'm jealous :P

Now for a more scientific response. According to the BJU International Journal of Urology, when performing an extensive study of penis size from over 15,000 men, the AVERAGE penis flaccid length is 3.6 inches in length and a girth of 3.7 inches. In an erect state, the average penis is 5.1 inches and a girth of 4.6 inches. Notice how the measurements change so much? Now if you want to get out a ruler and actually MEASURE your dimensions then that's up to you, but I'm sure you'll be happy with what you have.

Cheers mate,

Concerns about Genital Size

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sex addictions, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Two term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University