Concrete/Flatwork/Concrete Resurfacing

I am considering getting an estimate from CTI to resurface the concrete entry area of my split entry home.  Do you have any information as to how well this product holds up to the harsh PA weather?  Also, I'm wondering about how to care for the new surface, approximately how much this will cost, and whether this is a good way to update the old concrete. There are only a couple hairline cracks in the surface.

Thank you,

I am not familiar with the company CTI, and would recommend checking references, and the BBB for your area.

Regarding cracks, they are typically due to ground movement if the concrete was properly poured.

From what you have explained, I don't believe I would resurface the concrete, if it only has a few cracks.  In my opinion, resurfacing isn't much of an option in most cases.  The only advantage may be if you wanted to change the color on a damaged and old slab.  Most projects like this cost about 50% of the cost of replacement, and often times the installation and/or the products used end up causing more problems than they are worth.  

Hope that helps

John Hutchins

Questions regarding concrete damage and how to protect concrete from damage. When repairs can be made or when it's time to replace

My area of expertise is in concrete sealing and protection, along with the associated causes of concrete damage.

Various training classes over the past 7 years. Real life applications and inspections of 1000's of concrete projects.