Concussions - Head and Neck Injury/Eye twitching

On Sunday I fell off of our 5' high truck bed onto a pile of firewood, then hit my head on a piece of metal farm machinery.  I got off fairly easily with some colorful bruises, a bruised iliac crest and a huge lump on the back of my head. Since the swelling was the size of a baseball and there was a lot of internal pressure, I went to the ER and they did a CT scan.  They determined that I was okay and sent me home.  On Monday I went to my chiropractor and she adjusted me.  Now for two days, my right eye has been twitching almost constantly.  Is this related and is it a concern or just an annoyance that will go away?   The swelling is going down some but is still very painful to touch and still a pretty big lump. I still have a very slight headache.  I am a 54 year old female, active and in good health.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Miss Kathy,

A head/neck injury is something that should be analyzed by a head/neck injury specialist.
This is due to the potential seriousness of injury to this area and the fact that nearly all hospitals and doctors do not know what precisely to look for other than the obvious dislocation, fracture, tumor, inflammation, etc.  
I cannot tell you how many times a patient was told they were fine by the hospitals MRI or CT results and we have found the problem, showed it to the patient and corrected it for them, using the very same pictures.
If you would like for me to analyze your films, I would be happy to do so.
You can email them to me or mail me the disc.

Just let me know what you would like to do and if you have any further questions.

Dr Arnone
St Louis, MO

PS  Feel free to browse my videos on YouTube

Concussions - Head and Neck Injury

Robert A. Arnone, D.C.

I can answer questions in regards to head or neck injury mainly in regards to youth or adult athletes. In my St Louis Office I have extensive experience in helping Concussion patients and those suffering from Whiplash Injury after a Car Accident. I cannot answer any questions in regards to Medications or Surgeries unless the person is looking for an option to improve or regain their health without Drugs or Surgery.

I am a board certified and licensed doctor that specializes in the head-neck injury in children & adults. I have helped Concussed Athletes from as young as 2 years old to The Professional Level with 90% Results of some improvement, much improvement, or total improvement. My unique approach is very different from what other doctors and hospitals are doing in regards to head-neck injury. We look at a physical aspect of this phenomenon, measure it, analyze it and correct it in order to achieve the amazing results that we are seeing.

MSCA AMC St Louis Mens Lacrosse League - Player St Louis Kings Lacrosse Club - Select Team Coach Metro Lacrosse - Coach

Ladue News City Holistic

Elmont Memorial High School Nassau Junior College Adelphi University Life University

2010 Hawk Award - AMC 2011 Eagle Award - AMC

NHL Star Player from St Louis Blues - Problem was shown to him, then corrected, within a few short months he was back and playing with no problems after being out for a year. 10 year old Lacrosse Star-Had Concussion and exhibited fatigue following. We corrected the head-neck mis-alignment and he was better by the next day.