Concussions - Head and Neck Injury/Back/Neck Injury due to car accident

Question
Had an automobile accident about 3 months ago. Was diagnosed witha whiplash, concussion, and severe back strain. Since then, I have had a MRI on both my neck and back. I have 5 bulging disc in my lumbar region but only moderate pain there. However, I have two severely protruding disc in my neck at C3-C4 and C6-C7 and a tear in the disc at C2-C3. I suffer from extremely bad headaches, neck pain, shoulder and arm pain, numbness in my finger tips, and even numbness in the back of my head. Weakness in my right arm also. Is pain management my best option or is surgery in my future.

Answer
Mr David,

If you can send me the pictures, I can provide you with your best and worst possible scenarios.
Then you will be in a much better place to decide what you want to do about it based on your options.
In over 90% of cases we find that surgery is not necessary but I won't know until I see your films.

All the best,
Dr Arnone
St Louis, MO
(314)995-5719

Concussions - Head and Neck Injury

Robert A. Arnone, D.C.