Concussions - Head and Neck Injury/Recent head injury/ audio logical conditions/ vertigo

QUESTION: I had a recent head injury . Which was ruled out to be very minority concussive. However, I've been experience pretty bad vertigo for the past month. I have a question.
I was recently diagnosed with a unilateral vestibular weakness on one side of 44% . Seems to be getting better , but still feel ill.
Would it be possible to do the same test in a month or so to see any improvements or no?

ANSWER: Miss Rebecca,
Yes, you could do the testing again to see if there are any changes. It may be suggested at 3 months or 6 months rather than 1 month, but you can retest.
Your body heals itself and is always trying to improve function so you may have some improvement.  However, there is a reason that you are having this problem, a cause of it. If you do not get to 100 % proper function on your own, you can call on me because I am only concerned  with locating and correcting the cause without any harmful drugs or surgery.
You may be aware that I specialize in difficult cases and helping to restore proper function when the brain and body are not able to do so on their own.
I hope that you continue to heal and everything once again functions normally as it should.

All the best,

Dr Robert Arnone
St Louis Missouri

QUESTION: I was diagnosed with sciolisis ( loss of curvature ) of the cervical spine. Could this be cause of my symptoms ? Currently getting chiropractic treatment for.
Also I have wisdom teeth coming out , which may or may not be contributing to this all .

Miss Rebecca,

Scoliosis is an effect, not an ultimate cause.
If you can go to a general chiropractor and have that improve then that's great.
Just make sure that you are going to a doctor that tests you before, analyzes, explains and  measures on every visit so that he knows that he knows that he knows.
At some point BEFORE initial adjustment there should also be specific xrays taken and explained to you and to prove improvement should  take updated films to compare your progress.
Best of luck to you.
Dr Arnone

PS Scoliosis is an abnormal lateral curvature of the spine rather than a loss of curvature.  

Concussions - Head and Neck Injury

Robert A. Arnone, D.C.

I can answer questions in regards to head or neck injury mainly in regards to youth or adult athletes. In my St Louis Office I have extensive experience in helping Concussion patients and those suffering from Whiplash Injury after a Car Accident. I cannot answer any questions in regards to Medications or Surgeries unless the person is looking for an option to improve or regain their health without Drugs or Surgery.

I am a board certified and licensed doctor that specializes in the head-neck injury in children & adults. I have helped Concussed Athletes from as young as 2 years old to The Professional Level with 90% Results of some improvement, much improvement, or total improvement. My unique approach is very different from what other doctors and hospitals are doing in regards to head-neck injury. We look at a physical aspect of this phenomenon, measure it, analyze it and correct it in order to achieve the amazing results that we are seeing.

MSCA AMC St Louis Mens Lacrosse League - Player St Louis Kings Lacrosse Club - Select Team Coach Metro Lacrosse - Coach

Ladue News City Holistic

Elmont Memorial High School Nassau Junior College Adelphi University Life University

2010 Hawk Award - AMC 2011 Eagle Award - AMC

NHL Star Player from St Louis Blues - Problem was shown to him, then corrected, within a few short months he was back and playing with no problems after being out for a year. 10 year old Lacrosse Star-Had Concussion and exhibited fatigue following. We corrected the head-neck mis-alignment and he was better by the next day.