Concussions - Head and Neck Injury/broken disc

Question
Hi there
My uncle (who is 50) had a VW Jetta fall on him, and as a result he broke C2 and C3. He is exceptionally lucky in that he didn't lose feeling anywhere, did not require a ventilator or any major treatment.
That was 3 weeks ago. He gets the worst headaches imaginable and has dizzy spells.
Should I be worried? Should I be making him go the hospital?

Answer
Cheri,

If he did indeed fracture C2-C3 then he needs to be under a doctor's care. Especially so within the first 1 to 5 years.
There is a direct relationship to his lower brainstem and spinal cord there and he needs to be monitored and helped along the way for sure.
You can see what the hospital says/does/recommends and according to the severity of the injury he may be a candidate for a head-neck injury specialist to help him even further.
Fill me in on what you decide and what they tell him please.  

Concussions - Head and Neck Injury

Robert A. Arnone, D.C.