Condo Law/Question

QUESTION: Good day
I currently live in a condo and the association charges $150 for the Associations Recorded Rules and Regulation.
I was told that this is public records and can be obtained for free.
What I was wondering is if the Association Recorded Rules and Regualtions are public records and can be obtained for free or if I have to buy it from the association.
Live in Florida.

ANSWER: First l am sorry l did not get right back to you, I was away for a day.. But l am back and ready to answer your question.  When you first buy a condo in the state of Florida. The person you are buying the condo from had to give you their copy of the associationís documents. If they seller did not have a copy then what you can do is reduce the sale by the cost.  Now letís assume for now you never got the copy. The management company if your association is be managed by will charge you a copy fee for the pages. These management companies average cost is .15 cents a page.  There can be a few hundred pages. You need the documents and amendments. Now l know in Broward County where l am. You are able to go to the county site and find your documents on line. Each condo associationís records are on the county site because the condo has to register it. So as you can see in some way or form if you want a copy you will wind up paying for it. There is nothing in any rule or regulation that says your condo assoc has to give you a copy of the rules for free. It may not be the answer youíre looking for but it is the only answer to your question. If you have anyone question l may able to answer that for you when it comes to Condo rules 718

QUESTION: No problem about the wait, thanks for the answer.
I also live in Broward county and wanted to find out if the courthouse in Fort Lauderdale would have the ammendments in their records or if only the association would have the ammendments.

When you make a change to your documents you have to register these changes with Broward County. If you are able to try looking over the Internet site of Broward County Clerks office. If you can't find them. You can try to make a trip there. I try to tell people l help out when l teach them how to do Internet searching. One word comes to mind PATIENTS you need to know l can spend hours looking for one thing. I ALWAYS find what l am looking for. I never give up. It can take hours but it is there you just need to know where and how to look. So take your time

Condo Law

I can answer most condo questions when it comes to Documents and Amendments in the state of Florida. Most other states seem to have similar condo regulations. I am not a condo lawyer so when it comes to things out of my expertise l will not be able to address them. Since l have experienced most issues a condo board could experience l will be able to answer all questions.

I have been the President of my 55 and over Condo Association now for over 8 years. I have been on my board as VP for 4 years before that. I have experience with taking condo owners to court and what to or not to do. I have experience when condo owners do not pay their fees or late with their fees. There are far too many things that can do wrong for me to list them here that l have had experience with. I also sit on my Master Association Board where over 12,000 people live. So you see l have many years of experience that l may be able to handle. I also retired after working over 35 years in a Retail Middle Management position not only in store level but also in the main office of many major retail chain stores

I belong to a major condo association that is consistently keeping board members aware of any changes in Condo law.

Sun Sentinel Newspaper

I hold a BA in Business Management and a ASSO Degree in Communication

I have been the subject of many articles written by our newspaper about condo subjects which included the issues with following condo procedures, how to solve condo disputes and how when is the right time to take action. I have been asked to be a guest speaker as part of a 5 member panel (Whom the other 4 members were all lawyers) in front of a large group of people sponsored by our newspaper at a major college. The subject at this meeting was on problems condos face and how to handle these problems. Following procedures and creating procedures that make sense.