Conifers/BRANCHES NORFOLK PINES

Question
Jim Hi,  is it possible to grow more branches on a NORFOLK Island Pine when the branches fall off. Also, how do I find the nutrient values for the soil.. Thanks Kenny

Answer
Conifers as a rule do not re-grow branches. Especially the lower ones that were shaded out, A picture of the tree would help with knowing what branches are involved.
You can get a soil testing kit at several places. Here is one at Lowes http://www.lowes.com/pd_757860-82704-60183L_1z0wg8g__?productId=999989630&pl=1

For a general rule I use 1 lb per inch of trunk diameter of a balanced fertilizer like 10-10-10 fertilizer. Scatter the fertilizer around the tree and water it in good. Apply it just before a rain event and you will not have to water.  

Conifers

Jim Hyland