Conservative Judaism/Conservative Judaism, the Afterlife, and the Resurrection of the Dead

Question
What does Conservative Judaism generally, if not also officially, believe in regards to the afterlife and the resurrection of the dead?

Answer
Dear Nicole,

I answered this question on 12/17. The simplest answer can be found in the Encyclopedia Judaica in the library or the Jewish Encyclopedia online.

Since then multiple books have been published on the subject which is long and broad, far too much to cover in this short Q&A approach.

Sorry if this disappoints you but you have asked major philosophical questions for which there can be no brief, simple and adequate answer.

Good luck
Rabbi Dov

From the 2007 Encyclopedia Judaica

Afterlife

Encyclopaedia Judaica

Ed. Michael Berenbaum and Fred Skolnik. Vol. 1. 2nd ed. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2007.
Macmillan Reference USA  COPYRIGHT 2007 Keter Publishing House Ltd.
Page 441
AFTERLIFE

Judaism has always maintained a belief in an afterlife, but the forms which this belief has assumed and the modes in which it has been expressed have varied greatly and differed from period to period. Thus even today several distinct conceptions about the fate of man after death, relating to the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the dead, and the nature of the world to come after the messianic redemption, exist side by side within Judaism. Though these conceptions are interwoven no generally accepted theological system exists concerning their interrelationship. . . .

Conservative Judaism

Rabbi Barry Dov Lerner