Conservative Judaism/Rabbi judments

Question
Dear Rabbi Barry,

I started my participation in a reading group (synagogue/Brazil). I would like to ask you about rabbi judments (we started to read: In My Father's Court - Isaac Bashevis Singer).

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

André

Answer
Dear Andre,

Thank you for writing. Shanah Tovah.

My challenge is the phrase "rabbi judgement" as you quote it.

The first problem or challenge is that it comes from a piece of fiction, which may or may not understand the full technical meaning for a Rabbi to issue a "p'sak" or ruling in the areas of Jewish laws.

The second is what are you asking about the "judgement" - I need more information.

Thanks

Rabbi Dov  

Conservative Judaism

Rabbi Barry Dov Lerner