Conservatives/Pro-Life, and Pro-Death?

Question
Hello.  As a teenager in the 21st century, a devote Christian, and a future minister of the Gospel, I always try to look to God's Word for my views.  I am not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican.  My worldview comes from God and His Church.  I am Pro-Life in every sense of the word.  I am against abortion, euthanasia, unjust war, contraception,etc... I am struggling with the death penalty.  I figure since you answer Pro-Life questions, this would be a place to begin.  If we as Christians are truly Pro-Life, why or how can we support the death penalty?  I have read the verses for and against and I cannot come to a peace about this issue.  If we execute criminal are we not taking away his chance of salvation.  I think of David Berkowitz who is now saved by Jesus Christ. Shouldn't we be Pro-Life from conception until death? I look forward to your response.  Thanks for your time.  God Bless You!

In Christ Alone,

Caleb

Answer
Dear Caleb,
   It is so good to know of young people who value Godís Word!  Like you, I want to see as many people as possible become saved.  
   It is sometime helpful for people to face the true consequences of sin in order to appreciate and want the salvation God has provided.  We all deserve death (and weíll all die physically if weíre not raptured) because weíve all sinned and the wages of sin is death.  Jesus had to die physically as well as spiritually (separation from the Father) to pay for our salvation.  
   I think the death penalty could actually encourage someone to be saved, because of the vivid contrast between the wages of sin and the gift of God.  Most people donít face such a start contrast because God often allows this earthly life to be very pleasant, but most people worship whatís pleasant, not the One Who created everything good. (Romans 1:25)
   Godís point of view (Genesis 9:6) is that the death penalty brings respect for human life.  Human life is made in Godís image, so a murderer should not be allowed to live.  Romans 13:4 indicates that God has given civil government the responsibility to use the sword to deal with evil. (death penalty)
   Keep reading Godís Word every day.  We may not agree on everything, but if we listen to the Holy Spirit as we read, He will lead us in the good works He has before ordained for us. Ephesians 2:10
   Sincerely,
   Priscilla

Conservatives

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons