Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Metal Gear Solid

I am playing the Playstation version of Metal Gear Solid on my Playstation 2. I just got off the elevator with all the crows and have just started to battle Raven. I try to use stinger missiles on him, but after hitting him with the missiles for a while he will start running and I have trouble avoiding his view. Is there any way I can defeat him with stinger missiles?

Not really, the limited viewing area of the stingers makes it near impossible to effectively deal with the speed boost he gets in the second part of this fight. You need something that will still allow you to maintain your distance and keep an overhead view of the battlefield.

Try laying claymore mines in his path. If you need claymores, they can be found in either of the two snowfields you traveled through to get to this point. Those are where you fought Vulcan Raven in the tank and where you fought Sniper Wolf outside. There are also a few in the hallway leading up to where Sniper Wolf shot Meryl. There should also be a few leading up to the elevator going down to your current Raven battle. To recover them without them blowing up on you, equip either the Thermal Goggles or Mine Detector and crawl to where the mines are on the ground. Then plant them facing the appropriate direction during the fight. Just remember where you put them so you don't become a victim of your own trap!

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

TOPICS I can answer questions about: Game Strategy, Recommendations (based on age or genre preference), History of a game, Recalling a game you played, Game music, Company or Creator info, and some simple system troubleshooting GENRES: My specialties are Adventure, RPG, Survival Horror, Action, and a small amount of Strategy and Puzzle. I avoid sports games like the plague, and have little interest in any racing games save for a few, F-Zero, Mario Kart and Wipeout being the main ones. Nor do I know many fighting games, mainly Bushido Blade and a few others. I am not much of a fan of First Person Shooters either. I am especially well versed in RPGs, particularly Final Fantasy and most of SquareEnix's other titles. GAMES: Not limited to the following. These games are series, and I know them all. There are MANY other individual ones. Feel free to ask and I will let you know if I can help you. Actraiser, Alundra, Breath of Fire, Bushido Blade, Castlevania, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Donkey Kong, Dragon Warrior/Quest, Drakkhen/Dragon View, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, King's Field, Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver, Mana, Mario, Mega Man, Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil, Rygar, Silent Hill, Spyro, Star Fox, Suikoden, Tomb Raider, TMNT, Wild Arms, Xenogears/Xenosaga, Zelda, and Zone of the Enders SYSTEMS: NES, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Color, GBA, DS, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP plus computer, but I'm not really a big computer gamer. Systems I plan on getting in the future are XBOX 360 and Wii U. I am also a big fan of emulators on the PC. I have many of the old 8-bit and 16-bit systems and ROMS for my computer and know a lot about them. These include NES, Super NES, Genesis, Turbografx, MSX, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and GBA.

I have been a video gamer for over 20 years. I started with the original NES way back in 1988 and have owned or played nearly every popular console since then. I have completed hundreds of games and played thousands. I have a large file cabinet filled with hundreds of hand-made maps, lists, and various strategies for many of the games I have conquered in the past two decades. I subscribe to 5 different game magazines to keep up to date on the newest stuff out there. I would officially call myself an expert on the subject of videogames. And if I don't know the answer, I can find out about it and direct you to someplace that does.

I have had three things published in Nintendo Power magazine as well as a piece of artwork. I also participate regularly on the GameFAQs forums. I am wanting to write FAQs for GameFAQs as well. I would also like to write columns for other video game magazines.

Experience with games baby, and lots of it. On the academic side, I am currently attending ITT Tech and am seven quarters into an Associate's in Visual Communications. I will then be continuing for a Bachelor's in Video Game Design.

These are not academic awards. I am still working on those. These are video game related things of note about me. I do consider them honors as they are the most secret things in each of their respective games, and I am very proud of having found them. I am the discoverer of the Ryu Fireball in Megaman X, the Dragon Punch in Megaman X2, and the Golden Armor in Megaman X3. All three of those discoveries have appeared in Nintendo Power magazine. I have also broken the password systems for Megaman 4 and Megaman 5.