Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Ps3 Problem

I turn on my ps3 and it said the file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored. The only choice is OK,when I click ok it begins to restore and when the restore is complete it restarts.when it restarts it does it all over again.

If it comes to this procedure here, I feel bad for you. I had to do this once and it worked well, but took FOREVER to format lol. I really hope youre able to get to the XMB (main PS3 interface where you can view trophies and all that. That way, you can back up your stuff onto an external hard drive. if you need a good one thats the best to back up and restore with get Digistor 500GB Hard Drive. 89 dollars on amazon. 89 on the digistor website too i believe.

BUT... if you cannot get past the file restore screen, which is weird because all I ever had to do was press circle to not do it, then you'll want to

Hard Reset procedure for the PS3 (as instructed by Sony CS).

Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony.

1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.

2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/2 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isnít detected after initial reset).

4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).

And now to actually avoid corrupted data in the future, this is what you have to make sure to do. Install latest patches for whatever games youre playing. Make sure you're not in a DLC mission or area when you go to delete that games data after you saved it. Try not to cancel an update while its downloading. And lastly you definetly will want to save as much as possible (autosave is meant for this) so that if a game data becomes corrupted, you can delete it and reinstall it with no problems.

Now if its the hard drive thats corrupted then backing up your data is pointless because when you go to restore it, it'll be corrupted. What you want to do if its your hard drive thats corrupted is take out the PS3s internal hard drive, which is easy to do. on the slim ones its located in the front under the disc area. on the fat ones i think its on the side. remove your hard drive and then reinsert it, all while the systems off. if that dont work, the you will need to buy a new internal harddrive. Theres laptop ones for cheap that are 120 gigs or more. buy one, insert it, and start it up. itll probably come with instructions. if all of this does not work, then 1. refund that new hard drive. and 2. call sony for support. and 3. if they cant help ask if its still under warrenty and if so send it in to be fixed. and if its not, itll cost 150 bucks for them to do it and youd then lose your game and system info and start fresh.

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

Dustin Byrd

I can answer any questions about Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Nintendo 64, PSP, Xbox, and Super Nintendo. I've been playing games since 1996 starting with Star Fox 64.

I still own over 250 games for Playstation 3 and 2 alone. I also have beaten most of these games that were worth beating. The only games I wont know too much about is xbox 360 games because they do not appeal to me especially when it costs money to play online. I'm akways a gamer on a budget, so I get games when they are either used or marked down in price. I played and own all of the best games you can think of, yes including Gears Of war games and Halo games, so I know exactly what I like in games and what I don't like. For example, Gear was fun in horde mode for a little until the automatic covering system was happening too much and it was hard to run for long. The chainsaw was awesome though.

I've only been through High School. I graduated in 2008. I was enrolled in Devry that year but due to extreme prices, I backed out of it. The course I was going for was game design and programming.

Even though it's not an actual award, I have 2940 trophies as of May 13, 2012 for Playstation 3.