Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Xbox 360 backward compatibility

Hello Trevor
I purchased an xbox 360 kinect sensor bundle 4 GB system.  I have two original xbox games, Yourself Fitness and Buffy vampire slayer.  They will not work on my new xbox 360.
How can these older games work on my new xbox 360?  Do I need to purchase a 120 or 250 separate harddrive that I install on my new xbox 360, or is it better and cheaper to buy an older used original xbox console so I can play these older games.
Thank you.

Not all original Xbox games are compatible with Xbox 360's backwards Compatitbility. Unfortunatly the only ways to play them are via an original Xbox console or check the Xbox 360s store and see if your games are for sale by download on the games on demand store.

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

Trevor Swayze

I can answer questions about what games to play and avoid, what consoles to play and avoid, and generally what to invest your money in and what to avoid. Any deep hardware questions I can't answer, especially hardware troubleshooting (refer to manual!).

I've played video games since I was 3 years old and have major gameplay time invested in nearly every console since. I also write about games every month; talking about gaming news, reviewing games, and other special essays and the like.

Reviewer of the Year 2008 - GT's Bloggers Faction Award.