Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Playstation4 Console

Question
Hi Helen,

I was finally able to purchase a PS4 console today, after weeks of trying.  However, a few hours after I purchased it, I discovered that it does not support external hard drives.  Unfortunately, this is one of the main functions that I use the console for.  Without the ability to use an external hard drive with the console, the system's ability to support my interests decreases significantly.  I currently own the PS3 and enjoy using it for this function daily. Now, it appears that the XBOX ONE may be better suited for my interests and uses.

However, since the packaging has been opened, I do not believe I will be able to return the console.  I also purchased Call of Duty and the two year warranty.  I am trying to explore my options, and it appears that eBay.com may be the best route.  My question is, with the high demand for PS4 consoles and limited availability, what should the price be?  I have never sold anything online before, so I am unsure of what I should make the asking price.  Based on your extensive knowledge of gaming consoles, I am hoping you can provide me with some insight or advice on how I should proceed.  

Thank you in advance for your time and response!

C.

Answer
If it is still in "new" condition and you can send it in all the original packaging, you should be able to get about $500-$550 for it. You may want to set a reserve of $400 and a Buy It Now of $550 or $600. If you're missing any of the packaging, manuals, etc. and therefore would need to list in "used" condition, you're looking at anywhere from $350-$450. As it looks like PS4 availability has increased significantly (24,774 listings on eBay and consoles in stock at Target, Amazon.com, etc.) there isn't that much of a price spike.

Hope this helped and Happy Holidays!
Helen =)

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

Helen Joan Casper