Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Xbox Live

Question
hello again..
I was hoping you could help me with this issue I think I have. I have a xbox360 and I have xbox live but do not currently have a gold membership or any other type of membership. I use it mainly for demos and playing at this time. My concern is that it seems to take forever for new demos to be posted or I will search for a game that is out right now that I see at gamestop and I will not be able to find it on the list. For example the Star Trek game that came out by Namco isn't even listed as just being released.. Do I have to have a membership to have total access to all the demos or do I need to find a update? To my knowledge I have completely updated my 360. I was just hoping to understand whats going on because its just getting annoying..
Thanks in advance
B

Answer
It probably has more to so with your Internet speed. Also check and see what version you have by going to settings and then system updates   It should also show you what type of membership you have. You will need gold to do anything Xbox live related though.  

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

Trent Crutcher