Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games/Pixels

Question
I was just wondering  why does  newer  video games have  more pixels then older video games? Also how did the technology change from the 80s to now? Which video game company is the best at making video games? I am asking these questions to you because it is for my school science fair project

Answer
The games have more pixels now bc of the increase in memory packaging devices. Original games only had 8mb of memory. Games today have several gigabytes. This also has to do with the increase technology of the game systems. There is no particular single company that makes the best games.  

Console Games (Nintendo, Sony etc.) and Arcade Games

Trent Crutcher