Construction & Contractors/Gap betweew roof & wall

Question
Am in India - recently built a place when putting in the  metal sheet roof - am finding quite a big gap,
1. Have put a beam (2x4 square pipe) on top of the outer walls  -  pillar to pillar ( 10mts length). on - A frame
2. on this anchored  the ribs 5 ft apart
3. on that put the perlins 4 ft apart and
4. then place the sheets ( 6Mt lengths - A frame)

Now am finding that there is a large gap ( approx- 8-10inches) between the walls and the roof- How can I close this as bats & other flying things can easily enter...
Thanks Santo

Answer
Hi Santosh,
         I can answer this question based on my best experience.
You have already erected the metal sheet roof and found 8" to 10" on top of outer walls and the roof sheet.If you remove the metal sheet roof,re-design the structure and re-installation are cost and time consumed.
I hope the slope of the roof is enough.Hence simply close the gap with brick with cement mortar and plaster it, with cement or Neeru,or use Plaster of Paris (POP) depending on the finish you required.During filling the gap you should maintain the slope of the roof very carefully and not to raise upwards the roof sheets along the perimeter of the walls. If possible construct a parapet like small coping wall above the roof along periphery of outer walls to avert wind pressure.
If you did not fill the gap carefully,the edge will sag.Normally masons are doing mistakes in this area.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Raja  

Construction & Contractors

Raja,MSc