Construction & Contractors/career advise

Question
QUESTION: respected sir
         sir i am fresh graduate civil engineer, i got placed in construction company as trainee in contract management, sir i want to know scope for contract management
my second question is ,is on site experience prerequisite for  contract management engineer

ANSWER: Dear Mr.Hesham,

First;Contract management is very interesting carrier.You should have an advance  knowledge in this area to work efficiently and deliver your duty.I cannot assess your present training level and whether it is enough to meet international requirement.Everything depends on your personnel interest on your further studies in this area.You have to add some additional PG qualifications in Construction law or ADR methods in your carrier path.

Second ;for any kind of effective management such as contract,commercial,construction,project or risk management,you should have an through knowledge of your project and project processes.Site experience will help to achieve enough knowledge for you to understand the process and sub-processes in the industry.
Best luck for your carrier.
regards,
Raj

QUESTION: respected sir ,does it mean i have work as site engineer first only then can move on other roles
my second question is where can i pursue pg degree in contract managment

Answer
Dear
It does not mean you have to work as a site engineer.You have to work in a best site environment or often visit the construction site and understand the construction process and understand different procurement methods.Contracts are based on different procurement methods.Forms of contract differ from each procurement method.

There are lot of PG diploma,degree and certificate courses are available across countries.It is all depends on your financial capability.Just Google it and you can find a number of courses such as Construction Law and ADR methods in India,UK ,USA and Australia.Do not go for any forgery universities.Check thoroughly and carefully select the courses.
It is very necessary that in all cases you have to improve your communication skills.
regards,
Raj

Construction & Contractors

Raja,MSc