Construction & Contractors/Job Bidding/Quoting

Mr. Kilcup:

If I am bidding on a job; can I legally get the details of the other submitted bids, particularly the amounts of the bids, after the bidding on that job is over? If so, to whom and how should I make such a request? Does the same hold true in cases where we are contacted by a prospective customer, and asked to submit a quote?

Thank you very much for your help.  

Gary Skinner

If it is a public works job the information is usually available under the freedom of information act. You should make the request to the awarding agency.
If it is private works the information is available only if the company that you bid to chooses to share it. Generally we will provide bid results if requested.

Construction & Contractors

Lee Kilcup

Can answer most questions regarding estimating, contracting, project delivery, strategic planning and business management for commercial building construction contracts and companies. Not a lot of knowledge about residential or heavy/ highway projects.

Past/Present clients
Microsoft, Quadrant(Weyerhauser), Nintendo of America, Overlake Hospital, Adobe Systems, REI