Construction & Contractors/rock breaking chemical

Question
how to prepare rock breaking chemical
what chemicals or materials are used to prepare rock breaking chemicals and how

Answer
Rock breaking chemicals are known as expansive grouts.  The formulations are proprietary.  I have tried myself to find out the formulations of those products and got nowhere.  Besides, the formulations for different products are different.  Da-mite is not the same formulation as Dexpan, for example.

Some have tried to mix their own expansive grouts with limited success.

In the US, you are required to produce a Materials Safety Data Sheet in order to use products on a construction site, so the best clue you could get to what's actually in there would be to request the MSDS from the manufacturer, but it isn't going to give you enough information to determine the formulation exactly.

Construction & Contractors

Robert Cummings, P.E.