Construction & Contractors/slab


hi..this 2400 sq ft house was built in 1974. its on a slab, and since the slab must be moving, the house is moving right along with it, to the turn of one broken window, which is very large and expensive to replace, and a pipe under the kitchen broke and leaked up under the floor. my question is, can anything be done to fix this prob and get the foundation to stop moving. we are in mississippi and have this yahoo clay most houses are built on. thank you!

Depending on the local area, you can find companies that specialize in stabilizing slabs. Usually this is done by pouring concrete anchors attached to the slab. Look for companies that offer stabilizing services. Most will be located in fairly large metro areas.

Construction & Contractors

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joe Turner


new home Customer Service, home warranty, construciton quality, Customer Service, training, problem solving


Past/Present clients
SR Horton, Centex, US Home, Ryland, Kaufman & Broad

©2017 All rights reserved.