Construction & Contractors/Fire Alarm

What would be the average cost per square foot of a 162,000 sf apartment bldg.

I don't understand the question? Are you asking about the fire alarm costs? This is not my area of expertise but it would depend heavily on the type of building? Is it fire resistive construction or wood?
If you are asking about overall unit cost of building you have not provided enough information. How many stories, how much parking, what does the site look like, What is facade, what is structure, is it air conditioned, what are the quality of the finishes?
Apartments can range from $135 per square foot to over $300 per sf.

Construction & Contractors

Lee Kilcup

Can answer most questions regarding estimating, contracting, project delivery, strategic planning and business management for commercial building construction contracts and companies. Not a lot of knowledge about residential or heavy/ highway projects.

Past/Present clients
Microsoft, Quadrant(Weyerhauser), Nintendo of America, Overlake Hospital, Adobe Systems, REI