Construction & Contractors/Query

Question
Good day
How does one turn a residential building into a commercial building?
What is required and can you recommend any good books that give insights into this.

Answer
Hi Sam,

You asked a general question and it is not clear. Any facility built for a specific purpose.If you wish to change a facility to a different purpose from the original intended purpose,you have to do a lot of exercises such as as fitness, capacity ,capability of the facility, statutory requirements, legal issues,building performance analysis, stakeholder analysis, Return on Investment and lot other thinks such as structural stability and suitability and life (age)of existing structure based on its life cycle of the facility.

Whenever,you ask questions ,you have to introduce yourself and explain the question properly and then ask your question properly.

If you are a owner of the facility , you must check  and seek a professional advise from  local approved architect or approved engineer before carry out any works.

If you are a student,there are lot of books available related to this subject.But your question is not related to a particular issue and it is a general question.So I cannot recommend any books at this moment to you.

Good luck Sam.  

Construction & Contractors

Raja,MSc