Construction & Contractors/Question

Good day
If one is purchasing an old home, how does one check underground to determine the condition of the lines (water pipes etc.) to determine if they need changing?
I know that changing pipes and lines can cost alot, are there any economical alternatives.
How long are typical pipes / lines underground supposed to last and are there any alternatives that can last for over 100 years for setting lines, pipes etc. - to avoid major excavation cost in the future when it comes to repairs required.

CAst Iron for drainage...up to 30 far.  Plastic will last 100..if undisturbed.  copper will last 4 years if protect from soil acids....There are Scopes...that can be put into piping and see the interior walls...not cheap but its an interior inspection

Construction & Contractors

David Coil/C. R. Construction

I can answer most any remodel and repair question. I have done almost everything...and done it well. From foundations to the roof. I have helped MANY from all recently.

Most expertise is carpeting, flooring, tile, sheetrock, electrical and plumbing.   40 yrs of experience in all trades.

I am a licensed contractor in California and Nevada.