Construction & Contractors/Selection of Contract Specialization

Question
Hi Raja,
I just moved to Dubai and would like to enter the contracting business. I can see that your skill set should be more than sufficient.
My question is very general. If you had 1,000,000AED and very little contracting experience, what would you make your company specialise in?
Is it General Contracting, General MEP, HVAC, Fire Systems, Foundations, Finishing, etc?
Which one would have the lowest risk and competition?
Which one would have the highest ROI and margins?
Which one is easily scalable to a multi million business?
What would be the bare minimum organizational structure that you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answer
Dear Azam,

Very interesting question.I love this question.
Based on your investment,and experience,I have suggested my opinion as follows.
what would you make your company specialise in and Is it General Contracting, General MEP, HVAC, Fire Systems, Foundations, Finishing, etc?
The First option is Labour supply
The Second option is Facility Management
The Third option is General Contracting

The lowest risk is labour supply.You should raise your invoice weekly and you should receive the payment within every 15 days,otherwise you should stop sending labour or stop labour supply.

Presently,no business is good in UAE and ROI is very risk ,don't mistake me,it is real situation in middle east and lot of competition in all fields.

Oil and Gas.But you have to establish and you will get yield.You have to wait for two years and you will get good yield.
It is up to you.It is all COB (Cost of Business). A five men team is sufficient to establish your organisation initially .

I am congratulating you for your best success.Almighty God will help you.May God bless you and your family.Please take care while doing any business.
thanks,
Loving,
Raja

Construction & Contractors

Raja,MSc