Construction & Contractors/house on slab

Question
hi..i have a house built in 1974. its on a slab and the slab is shifting i guess; this results in one broken window which is very expensive to replace. i am wondering if this prob can be fixed; the end result would be to do something so the house wont shift around like this. anything do you know would work well?  thanks!

Answer
This is sad.  I just got your question...Months late.  If the Slab is shifting...there are issues. YOU might have a water problem..swelling the earth to cause it to rise.  IF the foundation was NOT properly compacted..It WILL settle.  Tree roots...can move concrete with No effort.  YOU do have issues to researh

Construction & Contractors

David Coil/C. R. Construction