Construction & Contractors/Marble Stain Removal

Question
Fireplace marble 058
Fireplace marble 058  

Fireplace marble 054
Fireplace marble 054  
Greetings Mr. Dixon. I have a question regarding removing a stain from marble tile. We have a marble tile fireplace surround and hearth. An oriental rug and underlying carpet pad overlapped a portion of the hearth for many years. I believe that the pad material is some type of rubber. Over time, I think that the carpet pad backing permeated the marble causing a tan colored stain in our otherwise gray and white marble tile hearth. I have attached several photos of the condition.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on how best to remove this unsightly stain and return our hearth to its original condition.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Larry,
Is it possible that any of the stain from the wood floor leached into the marble? Or do you think it is solely the carpet padding?
I would suggest using two products: HMK R54 Stripper Stain Remover followed with R55 Intensive Cleaner to neutralize the Stripper. I may require several applications.

Best regards,

Torin Dixon

Construction & Contractors

Torin Dixon