Construction Dispute Resolutions/measurement for vehicles

Question
dear sir
dear sir
i am currently working in tanzania road project, which is under the conditions of PPRA.and the standard specification for works 2000 is stipulated as the standard specification of contract.
due to the delayed payment by client, we suspend the work according to the contract conditions for almost one year now. engineers are dismissed duo to the site conditions.therefore three of the engineer’s vehicles were not for their use,and those vehicles are kept by contractor in contractor’s yard.another two vehicles are for engineer’s use and are well maintained by contractor.
now i am preparing interim payment certificate, the engineer refuse to measure the quantity of service for the vehicles which were not in use for the suspension period.
shall the payment of those three vehicles be measured?

Answer
Dear Mr Cheng,
sorry for responding late.
The payment for those three unused vehicles could not be measured for payment.
Because, when the engineers are dismissed, there is no need for those three vehicles and those vehicles have been idle and did not serve the purpose.
You cannot claim for the service which is not rendered.
I think i have clarified adequately.
regards,
r sivaraman

Construction Dispute Resolutions

r sivaraman