Construction Industry/Metal Building Erecting

Question
Steel is due to arrive for a relatively large project 23,000sqft building, but the forecast is set for rain over the next three days and it has currently rained for the last 9hrs (steady soak). I have limited area to stage material without it becoming a muddy mess. Any suggestions? All area within 20 ft of slab is fresh excavation. with only one drive access to slab, but needs 3 additional days of cure prior to use.

Thanks, Concerned Superintendent

Answer
h
tough situation suggest
1 calling supplier reschedule delivery ( possibly the best if you can )
2. review delivery schedule of material   figure a sequence of erection and advise supplier sequence of delivery  item
if successful  you can solve limited site areas
3 important   review the job work schedule   you maybe can re adjust  to futher help delay problems
4 hold a jobsite meeting  discuss with subs   how best to change direction of installation without causing a major delay in the project

if you need any help   e-mail  me
good luck

jon e

Construction Industry

jonewall