Construction Industry/cost comparision

Question
please suggest me cost comparision for wooden luxzarious villas 5000 sqft and pre engineering building for 5000 sqft villas

Answer
Here are some thoughts for your kind consideration:

Point no. 1

Wood is not a eco-friendly material. People might raise concerns of the use of ‘wood’ in a 5000 sqft project. Also, the use of ‘manufactured’ wood is yet to catch up in India, unlike in European Countries.    

Point no. 2

Large scale availability of ‘quality’ seasoned / manufactured wood in India. Vendors might try to push ‘un-seasoned’ wood, which would definitely become point a concern in a very short period of time.      

Point no. 3

Availability of ‘good’ quality carpenters.

Point no. 4:

Fire may be another point of concern. The required technology to treat wood to control 'fire spread’ is still very costly in India.    

Point no. 5:

Maintenance (repainting / varnishing / polishing every 5 - 7 years)costs are definitely higher in the case of wood.     

Under the circumstances, we believe that ‘pre-engineered’ buildings would be definitely be more cost effective in the long run than ‘wood’ in India.

Indranil Bhattacharya
BR Architects & Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
indranil@brae.in  

Construction Industry

Indranil Bhattacharya