Construction Industry/Design of construction projects

Question
What are the reasons and effects of poor value in the design of some construction projects?

Answer
Hello Livison,

Poor design is the result of several things, the first being budget or lack of funds.  Another cause of poor design is the type of building.  A warehouse design is generally simple with little or no attention to ornamentation.  Compare the warehouse building to an office building and the architect must now create what is referred to as "curb appeal".  Strip shopping centers are good examples of poor value in design.  Often the tenant is unknown and the design is static or simple with no user recognition.
The beauty of design is in the eye of the beholder.  A developer/contractor often dictates to the architect and little thought is given to design but rather is concentrated on economy and cost of construction.

I hope this was helpful.

Roger
Ask the Contractor  

Construction Industry

Roger Zona