Construction Industry/project engineering management

Sir, I got admission in project engineering management in NICMAR. Is it a right choice for a girls???what kind of jobs will I get after my completion of my course

Hello Heera,

I don't understand your question.  Why did you enroll in Project Engineering Management?  There are many opportunities for a woman but you will have a struggle getting recognized for your ability and education.  Here in the USA we are seeing more and more women in the construction industry - especially as engineers and architects. Understand, projects require the talents of engineers (structural, civil, mechanical, etc.) architects, surveyors,   Project managing is a critical position.  For example, the PM must be familiar with "critical path" scheduling, be organized for notifying project owners, all the engineering disciplines, and the contractors, of their job schedule including material delivery, sub-sub contracting, etc.  Also the PM must keep a close relationship with the financial entity.  As for a job, you would probably be hired at a lesser wage than a man and you would spend considerable time in training and learning.  A degree in PEM is valuable and as you become more familiar with field working conditions, higher wages can be asked for.

I hope this has been helpful.

Construction Industry

Roger Zona

I am experienced in all types of construction: residential, industrial and commercial; single family, multi-family, mid-rise and high rise buildings (16 story office building) as well as remodeling, additions and tenant improvements. I can field most any question that relates to general construction. I have consulted with infrastructure (utility) contractors also and have a good general knowledge of underground utility construction for subdivisions and commercial projects.

After college, I began my career in the construction industry. I chose to become an apprentice Architect and 4 yrs later I opened my own architectural design firm. Six years later I moved to Florida to buy & develop land and build. I became a State of Florida Certified General Contractor and operated my business for 45 years. I built all types of residential and commercial buildings including warehouses, shopping centers, high rise apartments and office buildings and developed sites for other contractors. I retired and became a consultant to the construction industry. I maintain my license and continuing education requirements, operate a small construction company and write a weekly newspaper column for the Palm Beach Post (a Cox publication) with the byline "Ask The Contractor". I am the "technical editor" for a publisher of books that relate to home maintenance.

Previously - NAHA Currently - FLCA (Florida Licensed Contractors Assoc.)

Palm Beach Post newspaper - weekly Q & A column Happy Herald monthly real estate publication - monthly column

Michigan State University University of Detroit BS in Engineering

I built a home in Palm Beach for a member of the Pulitzer Family. I was responsible for the completion of a twin hi-rise condominium project for G.E. Credit. I was a partner in the successful development of a P.U.D. (Planned Urban Development) subdivision. I represented the largest home builder from France (Bati Service, S.A.) in the development of a subdivision and the design and construction of the homes.