Construction Industry/Field Test for checking Plumb

Could you please illustrate the procedure for field checking the accuracy of a mason's plumb bob with the help of a brick/half brick?

Plumb Bob
Plumb Bob  
Dear Sir,

Good morning and greetings from Bangalore, India.

This is to acknowledge receipt of your trailing query.

Frankly, using the concept explained in the enclosed image, we normally check the accuracy against a long vertical surface ideally a Mild Steel Mason's Square. Verneer Callipers can be used for more accurate results to check physical dimensions of the plumb bob.

Iím not sure how the same can be done using a brick - seemingly too small to give accurate result. Also, the quality of the brick surface itself can be questioned.  

Iíll definitely try and do some more research on the same and revert.

Hope the above answers your query for the moment.

Please feel free to revert / rate us accordingly,

Thanking you, in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,
For, BR Architects & Engineers Pvt. Ltd.,

Indranil Bhattacharya  

Construction Industry

Indranil Bhattacharya

Most questions relating to architectural design & contracts management, QA - QC Systems / Standards, On-Site Construction Management, related to Indian Sub-Continent.

I have been involved in Academics & Practice for the last 15 years.

Bachelor in Science, Bachelor in Architecture, Master's in Building Engineering & Management