Construction Industry/Concrete Mix Design

What are the factors deciding the dose of plasticizer in concrete? How can I reduce or optimize a dose to reduce the cost while maintaining other requirements of slump and strength?

Dated 11th July 2015,

Dear Sir,

Good morning from Bangalore.

Firstly, sorry for the delay in reply.   

Secondly as the name suggests, in case of Design Mixes, all the components have to be designed in a holistic manner to suit the specific site requirements / conditions.

It would not be prudent on our part to generalize the dosage requirements.

Thirdly, the properties of the plasticizer’s vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, making it even more difficult to generalize.

We hope that this clarifies some of your doubts. Please feel free to revert, where necessary.

We look forward to your ‘ratings’ too.

Thanking you, in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,
For BR Architects & Engineers Pvt. Ltd.,

Indranil Bhattacharya  

Construction Industry

Indranil Bhattacharya

Most questions relating to architectural design & contracts management, QA - QC Systems / Standards, On-Site Construction Management, related to Indian Sub-Continent.

I have been involved in Academics & Practice for the last 15 years.

Bachelor in Science, Bachelor in Architecture, Master's in Building Engineering & Management