Construction Industry/Kitchens

Hi Domonic, thanks for taking my question

I'm in business for 25 plus years and do mostly bathroom renovation and finished basements but want to start pushing kitchens
I'm have a hard time finding someone who has a line of cabinets that I can carry and sell, ya know make something on the cabinets and my labor
I've done a few jilco kitchens and some home depot junk but I want to cut out the middle man and at this point don't have any software to do a layout myself so maybe that's an issue  
Would you be able to suggest the proper terminology and what to use for searching or better yet direct me to anyone you know I could contact, I live in Fishkill NY
Thanks Paul

We do kitchens and we sell custom cabinets and semi-custom cabinets.  Custom cabinets are built by local mill shops.  semi-custom are purchased from local distributors.  We buy Wellborn and Kraftmaid.  But, there are many other brands at are good too.  Most of the distributors have software to layout the kitchen.

So, search for wood mill shops in your area and cabinet distributors

Good luck.

Construction Industry

Dominic J. Maltese, Jr.

Construction industry related questions. Issues on construction, careers in construction, marketing construction, starting a construction company, cost estimating. These are a few examples.

Twenty seven years as a general contractor (15 as a construction manager and design-builder).

Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) - Detroit Chapter (President in 1999), American Society of Professional Estimators - Detroit Chapter (President in 1994-95), Construction Association of Michigan, National Home Builders Association.

Estimator - the magazine for American Society of Profession Estimators, also, the Detroit Chapter of AGC magazine.

Associate of Science in Construction Technology, Instructor for STP classes (Superintendents Training) for AGC, lecturer at University of Detroit School of Architecture on Cost Estimating.

1998 Franklin award for one of Michigan's best run family businesses, Yearly Safety awards from AGC, Remodeling Magazine 2001 Big 50 Remodelers of the year.