Construction Law/taking over certificate

Al horani wrote at 2012-12-22 23:58:10
Could you please answer this question :What does this sentence mean (either until or whilst this work is completed and these defects are remedied) mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) of clause 10.1 (Fidic 1999)? does it mean that it should be considered that the date  on which the works were completed in accordance with the contract is that date on which all minor outstanding works and all the minor defects are being remedied?

Kevin K wrote at 2016-03-10 02:30:18
The contractor applies for the TOC 14 days before they will be completed. The engineer then has 14 days to wait for the Contactor to complete then another 14 days (28 total) to say when contactor actually completed or not.

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea

I can answer to questions regarding FIDIC 1999 contracts, including practical use of these conditions of contract, as well as to questions regarding dispute boards, both from theoretical and practical point of view. I cannot answer to questions related to other kind of contracts or to procurement process, except to some (limited) extent.

Implementation of works contracts (FIDIC 1999) financed by different financial institutions, including European Union; claims and disputes; dispute boards See more on

Dispute Resolution Board Foundation

see ; DRBF Forum Newsletter; Drumuri si Poduri; Revista Constructiilor; SIDiR Newsletter

Graduated the University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges (1985-1990); Trained under Mr. Gwyn Owen’s pupilage program for arbitrators/adjudicators under FIDIC mentoring program (2006 – 2007)