You are here:

Construction Law/Omission & Substitution for Variation


doug wrote at 2011-06-15 12:59:55
Yes, a good question, but she does not answer the question at all in case of omission 12.4.

duyluong wrote at 2013-01-14 10:24:52
Dear Ms. Alina,

Can you advise me about my situation ?

Our Project based on FIDIC Red Book 1999, and apply lump sump contract.

In this Project, we have one item which we will not do. So How can we get the money of that item ?

And One item we just do apart of that item( as requested of Engineer), But untill now, The Engineer haven't been issue Site Instruction to omit the remain works. So can we get the money for whole item ?  

Construction Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alina Valentina Oprea


I can answer to questions regarding FIDIC 1999 contracts, including practical use of these conditions of contract, as well as to questions regarding dispute boards, both from theoretical and practical point of view. I cannot answer to questions related to other kind of contracts or to procurement process, except to some (limited) extent.


Implementation of works contracts (FIDIC 1999) financed by different financial institutions, including European Union; claims and disputes; dispute boards See more on

Dispute Resolution Board Foundation

see ; DRBF Forum Newsletter; Drumuri si Poduri; Revista Constructiilor; SIDiR Newsletter

Graduated the University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges (1985-1990); Trained under Mr. Gwyn Owen’s pupilage program for arbitrators/adjudicators under FIDIC mentoring program (2006 – 2007)

©2017 All rights reserved.