Construction Law/new FIDIC

Question
I'm a student in the CM major, University.
These days I'm interested in the FIDIC. I know that the FIDIC has many colors. And they were modified in 1999 mainly. (Red, Yellow, Silver, Green ...)
However, I just saw a Q&A related FIDIC on this web, a man said he is working with FIDIC 1992. Is it possible ? I mean ... that's not the latest version ...
Again, my question is...
Can I use Old FIDIC instead of New FIDIC ?

Thanks in advance...

Answer
Dear DAHEE,

You may work with any form of contract that pleases you.  However, the general consensus is that FIDIC 99 is a better form of contract for all parties than FIDIC 4th edition.  

FIDIC 99 was published in 1999, but it took time for the news to spread and the advantages to be understood.  In the meantime FIDIC 4 was used.  Construction contracts often take more than ten years from conception to completion and thus decisions were made to use FIDIC 4 years ago for contracts which are incomplete today.  

I suggest that you concentrate on FIDIC 99, especially the later versions which have corrected many inconsistencies in the earlier versions.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott