Construction Law/advance payment

John, the employer agreed ot accept bonds from a financial institution in lieu of bank. However the payment is taking a long time to be paid ( months) - In the meantime the engineer is requesting progress made, documents completed or partially completed, design information. Is the contractor mandated to provide the information under FIDIC.

Dear Mr. Maraj,

Thank you for this question.

I will reply directly to your business e-mail address on my file.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my weekly industry newsletter e-mail to, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.

John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse

Legal; contract interpretation; quantum; delay analysis. Practitioner in arbitration, adjudication and mediation.

Thirty-three (33) years experience in building and construction, at all levels both within contracting and consulting organisations. Practising arbitrator, adjudicator, and mediator. Faculty approved trainer for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Lecturer on construction contract forms and dispute resolution practices.

Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Institute of Directors Society of Construction Arbitrators

Various UK and International construction and legal publications.

LLB (Hons), Pg Dip (Legal Practice), MCInstCES MCIArb MIOD Barrister