Construction Law/cost reimbursement contract

Hi Manish,

we are working as a project manager of a cost reimbursement contract in Dubai. It consists construction of villa community, infrastructure and other amenity buildings.Interim valuations are approved as per the actual invoices of contractor for his staff, labour, plant, etc.The Employer wants to know the financial progress for each and every category. Eg: for a villa, for a particular road,etc. Even though we have physical progress at site, it is hard to distribute the certified payments in to sections in such a way. We can only distribute them as per percentage completion but realistic figures cannot be obtained on this method. Can you please explain me a suitable way of doing this.

Thanks & Regards,

I would advise you to prepare a cost plan for each of the packages by using the prevailing rates.

Thereafter you may use the percentage to distribute the valuations which will be more realistic.

You may contact us on; should you need us to provide monthly services to prepare such monthly reports on a reasonable fee basis.

Construction Law

Manish Gupta

I can answer questions related to Cost Planning, Contract Administration, Construction Law & Other Post Contract QS related areas.

7 Years with Contractors 12 plus Years with Owners & Consultants

Calgary Project Consultants, Jacobs International, Turner International, J Ray McDermott Inc. Hindustan Construction Company

MRICS, MCIArb, BE (Civil), PGDCM LLM-Constuction Law in Arbitration and Adjudication