Construction Law/delay in project execution caused by lack of payments

Question
Hi

I would like to know if, for contracts not based in FIDIC for Algeria, the Contractor can justify based on the common law delays in construction progress based in severe daleys in fulfilling the accepted payments by the employer. The delays I refer to are between 60 - 90 days after due date.

If yes, waht would be the acceptable delay extension and extra-costs to be charged to the employer?

Thank You

Answer
Dear Luis,

I am not aware about the Law in Algeria, however if you provide few more details of the contents of your contract, I might be able to advise you better.

Nonetheless, you should refer to payment clause. In my opinion applicable interest rate shall be charged for the delayed payment.

Hope this helps. If required please send a followup question.

Thanks

Construction Law

Manish Gupta